11/8/08 Documentary Images by Sarah George and the CSIRO discovery centre. I had the pleasure in photographing the opening of this great exhibition and as a kid read the story/book about the Kakadu Man.
Bill Nedj IDDID DJURA. He had since now passed and Sarah got to document the final 6 years of his life. She tells the story of how she was just passing through the community on a holiday when her and Bills paths crossed. She will be the 1st to admit she had little knowledge of Aboriginal culture, but soon found herself living amongst the community where she was accepted.
Bill Nedji wanted his story told and she just happned to be in the right place @ the right time.
Now she can tell the story of those years in these images where she was aloud to access area's such customs, ceremony's and traditions, as an Aboriginal person I could only dream of being a part of.
For sacred reasons it would be wrong to post Bills image on this blog, but I have posted a picture of Sarah talking at the opening.
Time to have some fun.......
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment