On the 10-08 We visited Old Parliment House for an exhibition which deals with the harshness of the land during the drought. Beyond Reasoable drought . Images that evoke Sadness, helpleness, devestation and hope.
The river, lake beds and dams which show the severity of the drought. Among the images was a DVD which displayed the other 149 images that didn't get exhibited. Along with the the DVD was series of stories from the poeple themselves telling stories about life on farms, growing up in small country towns etc.
ALthough I havent lived the life of these guys, I can relate to the harshness they do face and they deserve every accolade that is handed to them. They are unsung hero's of this nation.
Please refer to my images from the Condobolin area which is affected by drought.
An image with me at the Condobolin lake and another imaged of the Coogee river on the Lachlan. A place where I used to swim very often when I was a kid. But it's looking very DRY.
Time to have some fun.......
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment