Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the 17/9/08 we made a visit to tha Australian War Memorial to see an eye opening exhibition. Icon and Archive photography and the world wars. A collection of images from the 1st and 2nd world wars. This is a great chapter in Australian History and Australian photography with great portraitures and documentary images. You cant' but help but get taken a back by these images and what these men and women had to go through on an every day basis just to get by.
The commraderi and mateship that you see in some these images is so the" Australian way of life". I look foward to looking into this more in some of our up and coming lessons.
Whilst dere I took the time to look around the AWM to see other area's of interest and was overawed by the enormity of the place. I would love to go behind the scenes and see what takes place to get the AWM that way it is today, This place is an ICON.

No comments: